[AT] Cub Cadet 129

Greg Hass gkhass at avci.net
Fri Oct 6 09:48:31 PDT 2006

I have a 109 which I think is just the 10 hp. ; where you I think have the
12 hp. version of the 9 series. I read the post from Mike Sloane but I
think his may be different. Mine has a round lever on the right side of the
middle between the seat and the front part. It will, as you said, only move
a few degrees and does NOT lock. Force it too much and you will break a
small roll pin on it. Underneath attached to the lever is a curved 2 in.
wide flat spring. It pushes down on two 1/8 inch pins that come out of the
top of the transmission and they only go down less than 1/4 inch and, yes
you must hold the lever while moving it. I'm not sure, but I think I read
that you can move them 200 ft. while not running. They do use Hy-Tran. If
you want to be sure, remove the four screws or bolts that hold the cover on
that the lever goes through and you will see what I am talking about;
unless you have a model completely different than I am thinking.
Greg Hass
Michigan