[Farmall] restoration questions

Bobby Guilbeau bguilbea at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 5 13:09:47 PDT 2006

I know I will get differing opinions on what to do but here goes anyway.

I am undertaking my first restoration project.

Thus for I have decided to sand/garnet blast as many parts as possible
during disassembly and repaint before assembly

All of the sheet metal on the old bird (1943 AV) is pitted

After blasting do I need to prime then fill or fill then prime?

I am planning on using DuPont 615 S VariPrime as my primer on the sheet
metal parts

While lurking for the past couple of years I have come to the understanding
that I would be better off top coating with an automotive paint that uses a
hardener versus the IH paint available from the dealer.  Is this so?

Bobby Guilbeau, Ranger

Evangeline Area Council - BSA

St. Landry, LA