[AT] New little tractor bargain.

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Tue Oct 3 06:41:32 PDT 2006

When I read Farmer's story, my thought was that there are an awful lot
of customers at the Big Box stores who have no business owning
mechanical devices.  I ran into them all the time when I was doing
warrantee service for a local dealership a few years ago.  I was making
regular rounds to one of those stores twice a week and I convinced the
"people in the back room" to set some of their "bad" products out by the
back door rather than to throw them in the dumpster.  They went back to
the dealership with me.  I collected a chipper-shredder, a 22-ton log
splitter, a gear-driven rear tine tiller, a banquet table...  The only
thing that no one was willing to do anything with was a tractor-style
riding mower that the owner had let a mouse build its nest in and the
overheating because of lack of air circulation caused it to break a rod.
The owner thought somebody should cover the damage because it was only
about six months old.

Larry