[AT] Kohler Question

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Mon Oct 2 21:46:05 PDT 2006

LOL!  Infusion is a real phenomenon.  We use it and control it
regularly.  Tea and bouillon work pretty well by the infusion process
all the time.  Black coffee and half & half will work almost all the
time. If you know what you are doing, coffee stirrers are an unnecessary
product.  They don't even necessarily speed up the process of mixing
compared to what infusion can do all by itself.  But the whole idea of
some of the fancy espresso coffees you can have made at Starbucks is to
keep infusion from working at all.  Some gourmet restaurants make a
point of serving bowls of soup that are split right down the middle with
two different soups on opposite sides of the bowl with zero infusion. I
can trust infusion to work when I pour a bottle of HEET or add Stabil
into a gas tank even after it's full, but the bottom line is that I
wouldn't want to trust infusion for anti-freeze distribution.  There's
too much at stake if it doesn't work.

Larry