clearwire was RE: [AT] Where are the machinists? was now???

Lew Best bee_keeper at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 2 06:31:02 PDT 2006

My Clearwire was on an introductory special (under 20 bux a month IIRC?)
but is now 42.95 a month.  I'm guessing they are calling it portable as
the wireless modem sits in the window & picks up the signal from a cell
phone tower.  As long as you are in range of one of their cell phone
tower repeaters I guess you could carry the modem anywhere & connect?
Effectively I can cut the cost below dialup; no real need for a phone
line now as all I use is my cell phone.

Lew