[AT] Kohler Question

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Oct 2 04:59:26 PDT 2006

If it is full, you won't be able to add enough antifreeze to the system
to prevent freezing. You need to drain the water out into a container.
Then mix up a 50/50 solution of water and antifreeze that is the same
quantity as what you removed and put that in.

If you are short of time right now, just drain the water out and leave
it empty (with a BIG sign on it that says "ADD COOLANT BEFORE OPERATING!").

I know that where you live in PA gets colder sooner that it does here in
NJ, but you still have a few weeks before the temperatures get cold
enough to damage unprotected engines.

Mike

Richard Fink Sr wrote:
> On my recent purchase a Kohler power plant. This unit was always housed
> in side and it don't appear it has any antifreeze in it. I won''t have
> time to get it running before cold weather sets in here. And would like
> to know how i can get antifreeze to mix with the water with out running it.
> thanks
> R Fink
> PA

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
<mikesloane at verizon.net>
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition
of this is the beginning of wisdom.
-Theodore Rubin, psychiatrist and writer (1923- )