[AT] Firing on two instead of four

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Sat Nov 25 18:04:00 PST 2006

Yoda,

Here's your next step... exchange the plugs of the non-running cylinders
with the running ones to see if the trouble follows along.  It may work, I
think it will.

Here's the theory.  Pulling the wire away from the plug forced the coil to
build to a higher voltage before it fires.  That points to a fouled plug
even though they're relatively new.

As you may know, a plug under compression needs higher voltage to fire, so
the test with them laying down outside isn't conclusive.

George Willer