[Steam-engine] Pop valve service

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 15 06:42:11 PST 2006

Thanks for the suggestions of people who can work on
my valve.  I was not complaining about my valve and I
am well aware that today's models are not meant to be
operated repeatedly like the originals were.  I have
lifeted the valve 2 times and I think that Brice had
lifted it several times when he fired it.  The Jayco
valves operated just fine except for the blowdown.  I
don't think that Brice specified how much blowdown the
valve should have when he bought it.  15 psi blowdown
is not uncommon on a modern valve UNLESS you specify a
lower value.  I just want to see if someone can adjust
my valve for less blowdown.
--- Richard Strobel <Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com> wrote:

> Stellar has done us good, Andy.  They knew what we
> wanted in regards to
> hobby boiler "safety valve and fusible."
>
> Hopefully they can help with the draw down on your
> safety.
>
> http://www.stellarindtech.com/
>
> Take Care,
> RickinMt.
>

> > The Huber has a relatively new Jayco pop valve.
> The
> > valve is a model TF set at 100psi and rated for
> > 1500lb/hr.  The valve opens at 100psi as it
> should.
> > the problem is that it blows down about 15psi
> before
> > closing.  Where can I go to have the blowdown
> adjusted
> > to 3-4psi?
> >
> > Andy Glines
> > Evansville, IN