[AT] Re: NAA Grader Blade

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Nov 10 16:31:40 PST 2006

Definitely agree on the fluid in rear tires. Even with both 13x38s full of
fluid and double cast wheel weights the Cockshutt 40 has only marginal
traction in ice and snow. Hanging a six foot snowblower on the back turns it
into an unbeatable combination of traction and power. Just a world of
difference is what it makes. Can't speak for chains as I have never used
them. But I think they would also be a big help in ice and snow. I've got an
old set of tire chains that have been on  the farm longer than I have but I
don't recall where they came from or what they fit.
People actually used tire chains on cars and trucks here back in the early
days of deep snow and poor roads. Long before paved highways.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/