[AT] pto shaft problem

Greg Hass gkhass at avci.net
Wed Nov 29 11:22:49 PST 2006

I have the solution to the problem so you can leave the pto shaft hang down
and not rust. Just do what someone did to one of my machines; install the
shields on the opposite ends of the pto shaft. Works like a charm; all the
water runs off with no rust. Only problem is, each time I unhook I forget
and when it comes off the tractor I am holding onto the shield with my hand
and lose a lot of skin when my hand gets pinched between the halfs of the
shield. That doesn't count the two weeks of healing time or the bad words.
But, as I said, it does keep the water out.
Greg Hass