[AT] pto shaft problem-got it!

Lew Best bee_keeper at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 29 11:12:31 PST 2006

Hey guys

Well I got it moving!

Hooked a chain to the support for my sunshade (quite strong) & to the
yoke; tried lifting & dropping it so the chain supported tiller weight;
no help.  Beat around on it after cutting the guard sleeves off &
putting brake fluid where I could (shaft was in completely collapsed
position) & still no go.

Got to thinking it probably didn't pick up totally parallel to the
drawbar so lowered it; hooked a chain as shown in
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/lewbest/pto/upl.jpg & it slid
right apart when I lifted the 3PT hitch.  :)  :)  :)  Lotsa rust to
clean up as you can see.

Thanks again for all the tips!!!!!!!!!

Lew