[Farmall] Freeman auction prices

Lane Freeman somopharm at rcn.com
Wed Nov 29 08:47:23 PST 2006

Overall, the auction results were a surprise to me(in a good way).
Memorabilia, toys, manuals and signs did equally as well as the tractors.
I'm still not cleaned up from two thousand people converging on my farm
after 2 inches of rain falling just two days before the auction.  The
collecting bug has not grabbed me yet, although the crew of Aumann Auctions
were taking bets that I would buy my first tractor within 2 months.  I did
pick up a Gehl CTL70 track loader with 20 hours on it just to do work around
the farm but that isn't exactly a collectable.  The guys at my local IH
dealership just took in a cherry 1486 on trade and think it would work well
in my empty pole barn.  But I think Bob Currie and you would be upset with
my defection from the hand cranker ranks if I bought that one; almost sounds
like something a "cheesehead" would buy.

 Karl, you should have come for the O-14

Lane