[AT] pto shaft problem

william.neff.powell at comcast.net william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Wed Nov 29 03:16:16 PST 2006

I'm with Dudley...

Nothing like a little pounding to loosen things up. The amount of force generated by pounding is far greater than what you can probably get from a puller. Even when I use pullers I rap the end of the puller to jar the item out...

Maybe if you can find a parts diagram to be sure there is not a hidden roll pin or lock bolt on there.... I remember renting a slide puller to remove the axle on my sisters Chevette. I pounded and pounded, even got my finger in the way and bashed it. Took years to get feeling back... Anyway, turned out there was a circlip in the rear... Was not a great day...

Good luck.

Regards,

Will Powell
Pottstown, PA