[AT] pto shaft problem

Larry D Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Tue Nov 28 22:32:54 PST 2006

Lotsa luck, Lew.  I went through what you're doing for better than a year
trying to free up the telescoping shaft on a Woods rear mount mower.  In the
end, neither the outer shell nor the inner shaft could be salvaged.  I could
have saved myself a bunch of work by buying a whole new replacement in the
first place instead of fussing around trying to save the old one.  Even the
outer shell is not standardized in its size and method of connection to the
inner parts, so trying to salvage that was a lost cause.

I learned the hard way to never let a PTO shaft hang down out in the
weather.  They'll rust-weld pretty solid.

Larry