[AT] Firing on two instead of four

Gene Dotson gdotsly at loganrec.com
Tue Nov 28 03:32:48 PST 2006

    Tim;
    What spark plugs are you running in this tractor? For light use and to
prevent fouling you should be running D21's or equivilent to prevent
fouling. Do not use resistor wires or spark plugs.
    Check your high power needle in the carburetor, it may be running too
rich, set it at between 2 and 1/2 turns initially.
    How are you cleaning your plugs? merely scraping the carbon off won't
help the fuel fouling. The insulator needs to be cleaned completely. I clean
mine in my bead blast cabinet.
    I believe you said it has a distributor? Does the tractor have 6 volt
battery system and a 12 volt coil? Tractor was originally equipped with a
magneto and may not be firing hot enough
                        Gene