[AT] Antifreeze question

Robert L. Holtzer rholtzer at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 27 20:03:48 PST 2006

Several years ago I bought a used Suzuki Samuri from a dealer.  It
ran hot under severe load and/or with air conditioner working.  The
dealer went over it extensively (supposedly!) and could find nothing
wrong.  One day I checked the specific gravity of the coolant -- it
was straight ethylene glycol antifreeze.  Diluting it solved the over
heating problem!  Ethylene glycol does not have the heat capacity of
water or water diluted mixtures.

Bob Holtzer