[AT] Diesel fuel line

Guy Fay fayguyma at execpc.com
Mon Nov 27 06:27:34 PST 2006

Never, ever use copper as a fuel line. The vibration of tractor causes
the tube to flex (just a tiny bit). Copper work hardens quite quickly,
the tube becomes brittle, and cracks, leaking fuel, which is not a good
thing!

I was at IH's old Hinsdale Engineering Center (Now Case's Burr Ridge)
researching a book and a friend who was a specs engineer explained all
this to a new engineer with me standing next to him.