[AT] Case VAH: Cut-out relay?

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Sun Nov 26 10:32:49 PST 2006

Dean why not just reverse the leads on the meter?  That way not as much
chance of damage in jump starting.

H. L.

On 11/26/2006 10:42:31 AM, Dean Vinson (dean at vinsonfarm.net) wrote: > Thanks
 Bigdog. Good explanation. Next time I go up to the farm I'll turn > the
battery *and* the relay around. > > Dean Vinson > Dayton, Ohio > www
vinsonfarm.net > > -----Original Message----- > From: at-bounces at lists
antique-tractor.com > [mailto:at-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com] On
Behalf Of DBigdog > Sent: Sunday, November 26, 2006 10:23 AM > To: Antique
tractor email discussion group > Subject: Re: [AT] Case VAH: Cut-out relay?
> > Dean, > The cut-out relay is simply a device to prevent draining the
battery. > If generator output voltage is lower than battery voltage, the
relay opens > preventing back-feeding and discharging the battery. When
generator output > voltage is higher than battery voltage, the relay closes
allowing the > generator to charge the battery.