[AT] Firing on two instead of four

Lew Best bee_keeper at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 25 17:21:35 PST 2006

Any chance it could be crosswired?  I've seen this happen several times;
on any 4 cyl engine I've seen it'll "hit-miss-hit-miss" sounding pretty
good (skipping every other beat) but very little power (the 2 crossed
wires firing on the exhaust strokes).  Just try switching wires straight
the cap & you'll know; if it is cross wired & you switch the correct 2
it'll run great; if you switch the incorrect 2 it won't run at all.

Lew Best near Waco, TX