[AT] Firing on two instead of four

John Wilkens jwilkens at eoni.com
Sat Nov 25 18:11:27 PST 2006

Lew's probably hit it on the head, but have you checked
compression?  That will let you know if you have some valves
sticking.  Recently I had a situation that was driving me crazy (not
your problem though).  'The little Cub I bought had great spark (with
all wires in the right place), good compression on all 4 and fuel to
the carb.  But...the Cub would only run roughly on cylinders 3 and
4--no firing on 1 and 2 at all.  I finally realized that someone had
bored out the main jet to three times the normal size and the engine
was flooding.  A new jet solved the problem and the Cub runs great
now.  I still cannot figure though why two cylinders fired and the
other 2 didn't.     Good luck!      John