[AT] oliver bugs

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Sat Nov 25 04:16:34 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----

No one knowed or cared to measure ??
no big deal it can wait until I find another pair.
ironman

	I saw the message but I don't have a clue about Oliver axle size. I try to
make it a point to not answer questions when I don't have a clue...   ;-)
We have seen enough of that.   ;-)    If someone were to ask about Oliver
guys the Tabors are the only ones that pop to mind quickly. I have seen a
couple of 70's sell at auction over the years but I was never really around
any of them much. I don't know anyone that owns one. Around here it seemed
that Oliver took off in sales with the 77 and the 88 and of course the
supers. I did once own an 88 diesel that I stupidly sold. Son Scott owns a
nice 1755. Nice tractor. I have "never" heard Oliver's bad-mouthed around
here. They are considered good tractor pull tractors here right along with
MM's.
	I love all colors of tractors and would never bad-mouth any brand except
maybe those dang ole John Deere's...   ;-)   My 1948 Deere "A" must be junk
because the rear tires rotted off of it. Anybody want to have a rear tire
changing party?   ;-)   Those are not as much fun as they used to be.   ;-)
	I probably did know the axle size about 10 years ago when I was chasing
wheels for my MM-R and was measuring everything in sight looking for
something that would fit. I don't remember the sizes any more. Come to think
of it there are a lot of things I knew 10 years ago that I don't know now...
;-)

	I just realized that I failed to wish everybody a happy turkey day this
week so I'll just wish everybody Merry Christmas early.

--
"farmer"

The brave may not live forever but the easily frightened may never live at
all.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA
robinson at svs.net