[AT] Quiet?

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Nov 24 09:31:49 PST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: charlie hill <chill8 at cox.net>
To: Antique tractor email discussion group <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2006 6:56 AM
Subject: Re: [AT] Quiet?

> Ralph,  I take it you still had to pile that wood under a shed somewhere
> once the cutting was finished?  Seems like it would freeze into a block if
> you left it out like that for the winter?

Not at all Charlie, in our dry climate the wood might get partially covered
in snow but never freeze together. For my own firewood I used to have a shed
to pile the wood in just to keep the snow off and cleaner. But I didn't use
the huge quantities of wood that my uncle did. He rellied on wood for most
of his heating through the winter as well as cooking on the wood stove year
round. For me wood was just supplementary to natural gas heat.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/