[AT] Spam/Phish> WHY????

Danny Tabor dannytabor2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 24 10:38:17 PST 2006

Wow Kevin, I'm not certain where to start. I'm sorry I
missed your question on the 70 axle size. Later today
I'll go measure one if you still need it.
     I have a tractor pull sled (Dirt Track Cadillac)
and boy around here Oliver's sure do give a guy a run
for his money. I believe because its easier to take
weight off of them and drop to a light class. Do you
believe we have a 66 pulling at 2500lbs. Not that he
wins every pull but he does do well. My tractors are
stock and fall into the high middle of the class which
satisfies me. After all the guy who owns the sled
really could have an unfair advantage if he wanted to
take it.
     As far as inferior castings with Oliver engines.
I'm not certain what you had trouble with. Oliver
mostly used outside companies engines. They did make
their own engine but off the top of my head I can't
tell you what that was used in. I've come across 3
broken blocks due to water freezing. My 28-44 down the
right side, 18-27 same place and a 70 which cracked
behind the serial# plate. It is common for most
engines
to crack when water is left over winter. I have yet to
see a freeze plug actually work in saving the cast.
     You are right, I'm surrounded here by both
Oliver's and Volkswagon's, so a tractor like that one
would probably fit in well. But that is precisely the
reason I keep them separated. Once I parked a Case SC
next to an Oliver 80. The next day I found a Silver
King between them.
      Sorry this is so long but I sensed a little
bitterness in your reply. Not certain if its because
of a bad experience you've had with Oliver tractors or
because nobody answered your question here on ATIS??

Danny Tabor

http://cgi.ebay.com/1955-Redneck-Franken-Tractor-Oliver-VW-bug-PLOW-NR_W0QQitemZ150060774556QQihZ005QQcategoryZ53066QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem