[AT] Spam/Phish> WHY????

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Nov 23 22:41:24 PST 2006

Kevin wrote:
> Farmall H ??? no one would want to do that to a H, Looks like a great
> improvement to the oliver. You need to buy it the mitsubishi engine has
> to be a GREAT improvement over the oliver engine. No one has oliver
> tractors on this list   any ways, so you could be the Proud owner of
> that 44.
> Reason I know theyres no one on here has oliver.
> I ask about oliver 70 axle size awhile back, and got one reply.
> And they didnt even know what size.
> Danny  you definitly need that one.
> Reason there rare is cause not many people could afford a lemon of a
> tractor.
> When they were needing to use it hard everyday. Most all oliver tractors
> either busted the motor(bad castings)
> cracked blocks heads ect

Thats a pretty creative home built tractor on ebay but not something I'd
like to do to a rare tractor. Can't say just how rare or reliable the
old Olivers were but I know there were a fair number of them sold in the
area and never heard that they were any worse or better than the rest on
the market at the time. One of the most impressive vintage pullers I
have watched locally is a 995 Oliver with the screaming GM two stroke
engine.
Heres a picture of a little Super 55 that showed at a dealers lot last
summer. Not sure if it was for sale or just in for a paint job. Looked
like a recent restoration, very nice.
http://hotimg2.fotki.com/b/142_165/28_201/OliverSuper55-vi.jpg

Ralph in Sask.