[AT] Quiet?

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Nov 23 20:46:09 PST 2006

Gilbert Schwartz wrote:
> We cranked up  the 40 Diesel and the 550 Cockshutts a couple of days ago
> for their semi-annual "spin".  They sounded like old friends when they
> ran. Makes a person wonder how they can be so " ready to go to work".
> Gil

Hi Gil
I'd like to see a picture of those Cockshutts of yours some day. I still
think about that 50 diesel that I missed out on a few years back. That
was a nice running diesel alright.
I had my gas 40 running this morning on the hammer mill for a few hours
grinding cattle feed. At 10 degrees F I noticed the starter was a little
slower turning than normal but it started right up. Was thinking of
taking a few pictures but I was kind of rushing against the weather.
With predictions of snow in the afternoon I wanted to get finished
before that happened. Plus that cold southeast wind inspired me to keep
going strong on the job til I was done.
Speaking of winter and cold , here is a link to a photo I took 5 years
ago showing my Uncle and his winter's supply of firewood that we had
just finished cutting.
http://hotimg1.fotki.com/a/142_165/24_181/Donaldwoodpile-vi.jpg

Unfortunately the picture does not show the little John Deere AR and
buzz saw just off to the left. That was Uncle Don's last wood pile as he
died the following July. It was a yearly ritual to go and help him cut
up the firewood each fall.

Ralph in Sask.