[Farmall] Oldest Experimental Farmall Coming Up For Sale

James Moran jrmoraninc at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 23 07:52:13 PST 2006

Todd-
  Off topic or not, I was spot on when I suggested that you (and others) would have pinpointed "tractors as actors". ;-)
  Now that we think of it, wonder why they did not put "Oliver on an Oliver"?
  Nanci Griffith (folk singer) wrote a tune called "Trouble in These  Fields" which (predictably) calls out the plight of the family farmer...
  "If we sell that new John Deere and work these fields with sweat and tears...
  You'll be the mule, I'll be the plow come harvest time we'll work it out..." etc.
  JM

Farmallgray at aol.com wrote:  In green acres Oliver drove a JD model GP in the opening credits. There  were
a couple episodes where he was fixing his tractor which they called a "hoyt
clagwell" but it was actually a fordson.

This is getting a little OT but on a couple early episodes of the "dukes of
hazzard" there was an MM Z in the background. In a later episode there was a
JD  A or B on steel.

In the movie "a league of their own" there is a scene where they are riding
the bus. There a photos taped to the walls of the bus behind the actors. In
one  of those pics it looks like an F-20 or Regular.

In a recent Dickies work wear commercial is what looks like an F-20.

I saw another recent commercial with a Farmall in it, but I can't think of
what it was.

I agree that the general public thinks JD when they think of tractors. It
ticks me off how many country songs that mention a tractor have to make it a JD
tractor
when just "tractor" would suffice. "Farmall" would sound better in a lot of
cases.
Now I'm just rambling too lol!
Todd