[AJD] Re: Model L

GuyW guyiii at cox.net
Wed Nov 22 13:17:29 PST 2006

OK, I'm finally getting serious about my Model L (good mechanical project
with my son...plaything at antique tractor shows...occasional work)
Bought it in pieces in 1975 for $40!

yep, has the tag

Serial no. L-640725 (means 1942, yes?) also first year for JD engine?

Trans casting #: L-4002 T Rear end casting #: AL 2084 T hollow tube frame
(3/16"?)

I have to decide (upon inspection) whether to rebuild the engine, or just
re-assemble with new rings and valve job. Any input?

Any trouble spots like a mag for which parts are hard to find?

What's a clean running specimen worth?

-Guy- Escondido