[AT] Wheat Harvest 2006

Michael Miller sweetcorn70 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 20 00:09:53 PST 2006

Thanks to all for the compliments.  That's why I took a lot of pictures!   The equipment is maintained very well, and is washed as often as time and weather allows on the harvest.

That plowing picture is an M that now belongs to my dad.  That is a pretty strong running tractor when it is taken care of.  Once I make it clear back to Ohio it is in need of a lot of TLC.  Dad lost a bolt that holds the cast wheel center on the axle and thought he could just tighten the rest up and be ok.  That would be OK but he didn't make sure they were kept tight and with the weather this fall it didn't take long to get into some mud and bust that hub center out.   Luckily I have the parts to fix it on a parts tractor I bought in Iowa a couple years ago.  Looks like I'll have to haul it home in a week or two.

The plowing in the picture was done with a little genius No. 8 IH plow, which works beautifully.   I also have a 3 bottom oliver plow of much newer vintage I am still trying to get set up so it plows half way decent.  I guess actually I haven't really run any of my tractors or messed with them in over a year but you know what I mean.....

I don't know where your located but if it is close to Ohio you are more than welcome to do some plowing either on our place or at a plowday.

Mike