[AT] RE: hot tank block cleaning

Andy Glines andyglines at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 17 12:47:06 PST 2006

Sounds like you probably have serviceable babbitt.  Do you know anyone with
a steam Jenny?  Spray the block liberally with your favorite degreaser (the
purple stuff that you get at Auto-zoo or Smell-Mart is my favorite) or cheap
oven cleaner and let it soak for awhile.  Steam off cleaner & grease.
Repeat as needed.  The oven cleaner WILL remove paint the the purple stuff
may be hard on the paint if left on for very long.  The steamer will clean
your engine up nicely.  Unfortunately a steam Jenny doesn't work on steam
cylinder oil.