[AT] "Boiling a block" with babbitt bearings

Louis louis at kellnet.com
Wed Nov 15 04:52:15 PST 2006

I had a John Deere L block hot tanked.  The L block has poured bearings in
the block.  The machine shop didn't tank it in an aggressive fashion.
Normally a block is tanked overnight. I think they only left it in the tank
for a few hours.  The babbitt was in good shape when they were done with it.

Lou