[AT] Cub--shouldn't have broken my resolution....(Follow up)

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Tue Nov 14 17:57:21 PST 2006

John,

I'm glad the problem is solved, but disappointed you won't be dropping it
off at the WHEC.

A couple points... sometimes folks tinker with the size of the main metering
jet (the hex nut on the side of the carb), evidently thinking they'll
increase power.  WRONG!  There were two sizes.  .034" early and .032" late.

The lube in the steering box is separated from the coolant by a thin part of
the radiator base casting.  I hadn't thought about it when I suggested
vandalism but there could be a flaw in the casting.  You might want to check
the steering box for evidence of coolant since that would be the easiest
direction for leakage.  It's probably just fine.

You're going to LOVE your Cub.

George Willer