[AT] Starting Problem - Allis B

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Sun Nov 12 08:26:33 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----

When I worked in auto parts nearly 75% of the ford starters brought in for
replacement worked fine. For many people, I wouldn't be surprised at all
that the act of replacing the starter(and in the process, scraping new
contact points where the cable meets the starter) actually fixed the
problem, not the new starter itself.

Jason

	I have long said that more new batteries are sold as a result of a simple
bad connection than from actual battery failure. Back when I was selling
batteries (Interstate) in the shop I never had to buy any batteries for my
use. Trade-ins and the batteries we took in for recycling supplied more than
I needed. We even sold some as used batteries if they would pass a number of
test and hold a full charge while sitting on a shelf for several weeks.
There is a big market for a good sound used battery for about $20.
	I keep telling people that there are 2 conductors to a vehicles electrical
system. One is the wire and the other is the frame/chassis etc. Both are
necessary and of equal importance. You can have a perfect wire the size of
your wrist but if the connections through the frame/castings etc. are not
good the wire is useless.

--
"farmer"

The brave may not live forever but the easily frightened may never live at
all.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA
robinson at svs.net