[AT] Starting Problem - Allis B

LeRoy Price III leroy_price3 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 11 09:25:37 PST 2006

Guys,

I have an Allis B that I'm having a problem starting.  The other weekend I
put in a battery and its spun it over and almost caught a few times.  Then
it gave up and so did the battery, actually the battery wouldn't turn it
over anymore nor on another tractor.

Anyway, I just got one battery charge which is a minor feat lately.  Anyway,
I used the battery to get a MH Pacer started and running.  Turned it over
fine.  Put the same battery in the Allis and it just fizzles.  You can here
the starter trying to do something but it just gets hot.   So I tried a 12
volt on the same tractor, same problem sits and fizzles.  So I took the 6v I
had just tried in the Allis (and had started the Pacer) and put it in my JD
40S.  Started it right up.

Ok, do I have a bad starter?  Anything I can try?  Suggestions?

LeRoy