[AT] Re: NAA Grader Blade - Instant gratification

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Sat Nov 11 07:30:24 PST 2006

> Another company wants to drill for natural gas on the farm but I'm balking
> over the wording that would also give them the right to drill for oil, dig
> for coal, copper, diamonds, chocolate chip cookies or anything else...
> They
> are also allowed to come in and buy rights then just resell them to
> anybody.
> No thanks.
> Remember back when you could just farm???
>

> --
> "farmer"

This thread seems to be really wandering!

We bought the bare land we built on in 1989 at an estate auction.  I checked
it out fairly carefully ahead of time and found a pretty much un-restricted
mineral lease.  The lawyer representing the estate assured me there were no
leases or encumbrances, and when I pressed the issue he assured me if any
were found they would get them discharged.

Truth is, he must have never checked.  Anyway when he found I was right he
was pretty cranky to deal with, but got the leases discharged, a pretty
expensive thing for him and the estate.  Later, I filed suit against him on
another issue related to the sale.  I won!  He was really cranky then.

Lawyers!!! SHEESH!!!

George Willer