[AT] Re: NAA Grader Blade

Brad Gunnells brad-gunnells at uiowa.edu
Fri Nov 10 14:20:25 PST 2006

I've got a 7' after having a 6'. For my purposes the 7' is by far the
better choice for blading the drive.

Chains will definitely be an asset. I've used one without and it will
work. But as soon as a wheel spins it will make a slick spot and
won't bite. Chains will dig through the snow. New you're probably
looking at ~$300.

I tried to buy a set at an auction a while back. Didn't really need
them but figured if they went cheap I'd get them. The auctioneer was
trying to get everyone out of the cold and rain and sold them to the
buyer of the tractor for $20. He never looked my way. I was PO'd but
I figured it was for the best since I didn't have to stand in the
cold and rain waiting to pay and load them. Like everything, if you
need it today it will cost more. If you have time you can usually
find a pretty good deal.

Brad

> On Nov 10, 2006, at 2:56 PM, Dave Merchant wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, I don't have chains, suspect they're pretty
>> expensive(?)
>>
>> Will it be useless in snow w/o chains?
>> As I said, the tires have pretty good lugs.
>>
>> Dave
>>

>> At 03:19 PM 11/10/2006, you wrote:
>>> Dave,
>>>
>>> I'm a little late in replying but for snow work I would
>>> definitely go with
>>> the 7 foot.

Brad Gunnells                         |                    #
University of Iowa                    |                    ||
Information Technology Services       |       I_    ___ at ___||_____
Campus Services/ITC Technical Support |   |__ I  \ |Allis Chalmers|
Iowa City IA 52242                    |   ___\___  \ \          WC|
(319)335-5524   FAX (319)335-5505     |   * * *___|__\__________   -|
mailto:brad-gunnells at uiowa.edu        |  *     *----------------\___|
                                       | *   @   *                oo
Interested in almost anything         |  *     *                o  o
besides work!  ;^)                    |   * * *                  oo

     Web Space:  http://www.southslope.net/~gunnells/