[AT] new to list

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Nov 9 09:56:41 PST 2006

charlie hill wrote:
> I don't have any JD stuff but a carb is a carb.  The last time I had
> that problem (having to run the choke open) it turned out  to be a
> little bit of trash or water or something down in the main jet.  I never
> did see it.  I had been through the carb and was very careful but a
> friend of mine who knows his stuff heard it run and told me it had trash
> in it.  I pulled the carb back down and cleaned it again very
> carefully.  When I put it back together she ran fine.
>
> Charlie

This also reminds me of the problem I had with my Cockshutt 40 a couple
of winters ago. We discussed it at great length here on the list and
tried a lot of solutions but the problem finally turned out to be kernel
of wheat stuck in the outlet of the fuel tank. It allowed enough fuel to
flow for idle and low rpm but under load the tractor just starved for
gas. After removing the obstruction the tractor worked just fine.

Ralph in Sask.