[AT] new to list

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Thu Nov 9 04:25:08 PST 2006

Hi Paul----Haven't seen you in a while,  You and brother Gene parked your
camper in the
tractor camping area several years ago.  Some of us late night campers kept
you awake some.

Sounds like you have checked fuel flow.  Have you checked for air leaks in
the manifold to head connection ?  Spray some WD-40 on the intake manifold
gasket with the engine running should change engine speed or make some smoke

H. L.

On 11/8/2006 11:47:14 PM, Paul Waugh (pwaugh at mchsi.com) wrote: > I had this
all apart and am reasonable sure it was cleaned out .. Fuel > from tank runs
fast and fine, I played with the float height, but it > just always acts
starved' -- even drilled out old main float jet 2 > sizes with numbered
drill bits, still same thing. > > -----Original Message----- > From:
at-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com > [mailto:at-bounces at lists
antique-tractor.com] On Behalf Of Lew Best > Sent: Thursday, November 09,
2006 12:10 AM > To: 'Antique tractor email discussion group' > Subject: RE:
[AT] new to list > > Hey Paul > > Gotta be something in the fuel path > I'd
think I got a 420 up to now > (= warm weather didn't have it last > winter)
I hafta choke it full to > start but with just a little warm up (maybe a
minute?) no need for > choke. Had another old tractor (Case with updraft
carb) that acted > similar to what you describe never checked it out before
trading it off > but one guy suggested possibility of a dirt dauber nest
hidden in the