[AT] new to list

Paul Waugh pwaugh at mchsi.com
Wed Nov 8 18:47:28 PST 2006

Howdy

My Name is Paul Waugh, live in Northern Indiana.  I have  been around tractors all my life, having worked/lived on farm until I went to college.  I joined this list in hopes of solving a 14 year old problem.  I have a 1956 model 420 John Deere.  I have always had to run full choke, I put up with it for years, but after over hauling the engine, I want it to run like it is supposed to run.  The carb has been boiled and rebuilt, with new after market parts. The parts came from Burry Carbs in the Ft Wayne, IN area.  The tractor will start with full choke, then after warming up and on idle, choke can ‘opened’, but as soon as I increase throttle to the main jet, full choke is needed.  I have not checked for air leaks.  I did use all new gaskets during rebuild.  I am open to suggestions or ideas to try.

I have been around ATIS on small engine list (off and on) for 6- 7 years.  My brother and I were very welcome in Portland this year at the tractor list camp.  We ate well hahaha

TX Paul