[AT] NAA grader blade

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Tue Nov 7 04:16:40 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----

Want to get a 3 pt grader blade for my NAA.

Considering either 5 ft or 6 ft, from TSC.

Outside width of tractor is 5.5 ft,.

Would it handle a 6, or would it be happier with a 5?

Thanks
Dave

Hi Dave:

Neither... Go with a 7'. Even the 9-N's handled a 6' just fine. When you
angle a 6' it will be too narrow. If you can find one you will be a lot
happier with a used blade made by one of the regular lines like Deere, IHC,
Ford, Allis or even New  Idea etc. I bent a 6' short-line (farm store) blade
in three places the first day doing some light dirt moving with a WD Allis
some years ago. Just too soft of material. I straightened it, braced it and
sold it. I still have the original factory blade that my father bought for
his 9-N back during WW II and it is tired but still 10 times as tough as
that farm store blade was... I have used it many times on 50 HP + tractors
and it just keeps going and going and going...   ;-)

--
"farmer"

The brave may not live forever but the easily frightened may never live at
all.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA
robinson at svs.net