[AJD] Model B Rod Torque

Robert L. Holtzer rholtzer at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 7 06:37:35 PST 2006

My B has slotted nuts and cotter pins for retention of the nuts.  The
amount of torque required to move one slot rotation can be
substantial.  It will be interesting to see comments from experienced
list members.  While my B has done well for a number of years, I
recall being quite concerned about the rod torquing!  There was a
great deal of difference between bolts.

Bob Holtzer