[AT] Homebuilding a trailer

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon Nov 6 20:10:25 PST 2006

Dave:
I got in on this late,  but take this advice for what it is worth.  Be
sure to build the neck of your gooseneck high enough.  the later model
pickups are higher than the old ones and older trailers cannot be pulled
with the late model pickups.  especially 4wd ones.  I have to pull my
stock trailer with my gas 454 chevy flat bed since my diesel wont go
under it with the short boxes on the flat bed. And my diesel dually
pickup bed will not go under it either.  However we pulled it home with
the old 82 model 1/2 ton chevy....
Good luck....
Cecil in OKla