[AT] Battery Issues - Charging

Warren F. Smith WarrenSmith at PalmettoBuilders.net
Mon Nov 6 14:52:01 PST 2006

Has anyone else had a problem with these new computerized Schumaker
chargers? I've noticed they won’t charge a really low battery. I had one
of the fancy red ones- dual voltage plus start feature for just under
two years. I was charging a trolling motor battery and after a day I
unplugged and re-started it because I had noticed that sometimes it will
say a battery is charged yet it will take more charge after restarting.
Anyway, I plugged it back in and it made a popping sound and now it's
totally dead.

Just wondering if anyone else likes the old, dumb chargers?

Warren