[AT] Homebuilding a trailer

David A. Laughead Jr. daljr at bright.net
Mon Nov 6 10:19:05 PST 2006

Part of this project is to gain experience. So I am not even considering
labor as a factor.

Right now I have around $2300 in the cost. I bought plans and the parts kit
from trailerplans.com
I bought a kit with 10,400 capacity with all of the springs wheels and tires
includeing a jack and coupler and lights. They shipped it to the nearest
CCX(conway) transfer station and I just had to pick it up.

The plans called for a 14,000#capacity with 26ft bed I am only going with
20ft +2 ft beavertail 10,400 so decided to go with lighter channel for the
frame as I didn't need that extra weight. It will be perfect to haul my CA
and Dad's MH Pony or JD H.

Charlie, click below to see the CA project
http://www.bright.net/~daljr/ca/

If you lived Closer I could help ya once I got done with this one.

Dave