[AT] Farmall M 6 cyl

Kevin ironman1962 at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 5 19:12:11 PST 2006

Does this sound like enough info to take to machine shop with both flywheels ?

I split the M and removed the (to big) 560 flywheel. And am going to try to use the M flywheel redrilled and a spacer added to give it clearance on the eng backing plate....

1 5/8" spacer welded onto flywheel, with 1/8" inset at crankshaft 4" across.

Spacer should be enough over 4" to leave at least 1/8 - 3/16" lip on it at engine crank.

And spacer and flywheel drilled to match the 6 bolt 1 pin crankshaft

going to use the 560 flywheel used as drill pattern.

Can the spacer be cut off the 560 flywheel neck ?

balancing ?

@3000 RPM max

I know it wont turn over 2200 RPM on rare occasion if ever.

1 13/16 minus M backing plate 3/8 = 1 7/16 add 3 /16 = 1 5/8" spacer

3/16 is from crank out to the backing plate on eng.

ironman

K. Mosier