[Farmall] H Charging Problem

Greg Hass gkhass at avci.net
Sat Nov 4 15:08:25 PST 2006

My IH 574 did that once. Stupid me, I took it to the dealer who would know
what to look for. After putting $90 in parts and labor and having the same
result, they checked the battery and found it was shorted; however I had no
trouble starting the tractor. When I chewed them out for wasting all the
money, their reply was that all those parts would have needed replacing
soon anyhow. They have not seen any more of my electrical problems. The
easiest thing to try would be another battery that is known to be good.
Second would be if you have an automatic charger that you could put on the
battery and see if it charges up and shuts off. This may not be your
problem, I am just sharing my experience.
Greg Hass
Michigan