[Farmall] Starter motor: troubleshooting?

Mitch Birch MVB7611 at bjc.org
Thu Nov 2 12:41:44 PST 2006

My  1951 H has the same problem all  do is put it into 5th gear and rock
it .   this works a bout 95% of the time. The other times  just loosen
the starter and it will pop or click loose from the ring gear tighten it
up and fire it up.   Hope this helps..      By the way this happen about
once out of 50 starts
Mitchell    from Arnold MO.

>>> "Bigdog" <dbigdog at columbus.rr.com> 9/17/2006 1:04 PM >>>
Dean,
    The old H's and M's were notorious for the starter locking up
against
the flywheel ring gear.  Try putting it in 5th gear and rocking it back
and
forth to see if it will break free.  You can also loosen the starter
motor
bolts and wiggle the starter to break it free.