Sticky digicam (was [AT] OT

Bob McNitt nysports at frontiernet.net
Wed Nov 1 06:23:55 PST 2006

I agree with Charlie on using alcohol (denatured). I have and use several
digital cameras, palmcorders, etc. and any time they get wet, I just make
sure the batteries are removed and then thoroughly dry them via placing them
on a sunlite window sill or dashboard. An unlit gas oven with the door
cracked a bit also works (pilot light heat will evaporated the moisture).

However, if the liquid is coffee, juice, soda or something other than plain
water, I use a very modest amount of alcohol in several applications over a
couple of days.Main thing is to NEVER allow an electric flow thru the
circuitry until you're finished and the unit is thoroughly dry. BTW, most
commercial electronic cleaners are primarily alcohol-based.

Bob in NY