[Ford-ferguson] Ford 9N Tractor

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon May 8 07:42:32 PDT 2006

That is not the serial number - that is the part number of the casting,
but it is still a good indication. The serial number is (lightly)
stamped into a flat spot on the top left side of the block, in the area
to the rear of the oil filter. It is usually painted over or hidden by
rust. It may take some gentle cleaning/rubbing to bring it out.

Mike

Hill, Damon wrote:
> Thanks Mike...so my tractor is more than likely either older or perhaps it's
> a 2N?  I will say this much...I can read a serial number on the rear axle
> and it does start with a 2N.
>

> Thanks for your help!
>

> Damon S. Hill

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
<mikesloane at verizon.net>
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
- Edward R. Murrow, journalist (1908-1965)