[Farmall] International 330 Utility

Arthur Umland artsd at aol.com
Tue May 30 07:59:27 PDT 2006

    Yesterday I looked at an International 330 Utility tractor. This was a
short manufacturing run tractor (1957-1958) as it was a transition
model from the 300 to the 350 as described in the book, "Original
Farmall Hundred Series 1954-1958," by Guy Fay and Andy Kraushaar. This
particular tractor has the front mounted hydraulic pump, but does not
have live PTO or a TA which were available. The tractor does come with
a Fast Hitch. As a transition tractor, no Farmall version of this
tractor was available.

    A loader is on the tractor and the owner said this was a Miller
loader. The following year (after 1958?) the Miller company was
purchased by IH and a similar model loader under the IH name was made
available, probably on the 350.

    My question regards the paint on the tractor. In the book, all of the
examples are shown with a red paint and white highlights. This tractor
follows that paint scheme for the most part, but in areas of the
tractor where the red paint is peeling, yellow is clearly visible
underneath. Was red/white the primary production color while
yellow/white was perhaps a buyer option? My guess is that this tractor
was repainted at some time.

    Regards,         Art