[AT] Craftsman wrenches

Greg Hass gkhass at avci.net
Sun May 28 13:25:28 PDT 2006

About 80% of my wrenches are Craftsman. I have had good luck with them so
far , however their  ratchets of the last ten years or so are junk. Not
only do they slip, mentioned by someone else, but the least little bump and
they change direction or slip into neutral. I'm not just talking about one
of them, they all do it. In fact, I had to buy a different brand ratchet
for the one set I use a lot in tight places because I could not tolerate it
always changing direction when I wasn't in a good position to change it
back. I use the combination wrenches a lot, however when doing serious work
on sizes over 9/16, I many times grab the SK wrenches (longer handles).
However, Craftsman sure beats the set of open end adjustable wrenches I
bought at a discount store. Have a 9/16 in your hand and need 5/8 put it on
a tight nut and pull. Need a 1/2 inch, hold it on the vise and give it a
crack with a hammer.
Greg Hass